8bar Pathfinder 2021
The slightly different cycling event from 4th to 5th September in the Berlin area.
No planned route. Just follow your instinct.
Enjoy the ride, we take care of the rest.
Luggage transport, food, drinks, Gpx tracks, finisher package – all included in the 8bar Pathfinder package.
Grab your gravel bike, come with friends and enjoy the experience!
Saturday // 8bar Pathfinder Day
On Saturday, September 4, 2021 we meet from 9:00h at the 8bar bikes showroom. Anyone who wants can then go by bike to Erkner. If you don’t feel like 30 km of city traffic, have a coffee and then take the S-Bahn.
You can carry your equipment on your bike or we can take it for you.
In Erkner we start together at 11:00h. The first few kilometers will be done as a whole group, before you start your adventure in small groups.
On the previous evening of the event you will receive a GPX track with planned partial segments. Between the segments the route is not fixed and you have to decide which way to take to get to the next segment.
The route must be taken 1 to 1. It is FORBIDDEN to plan the route between the segments in advance. We will check this at the start.
Below is a short excerpt to see how the GPX track will look like. Segment 1 and 2 are fixed. The dashed line is only a connection between the two segments. Here you have to find your own way. If you still understand the station, don’t worry. The first kilometers we will ride together as a group.
The event is contested as a team of 3-6 riders. If you don’t have a team, it’s not a problem. We will assign you a suitable team.
It is forbidden to use your own navigation device or cell phone to navigate or make phone calls. Since it’s not a race and there are no prizes anyway, you’ll just spoil your fun otherwise.
You decide if you want to ride the 8bar Pathfinder as fast as possible or if you just want to enjoy a relaxing time on your bike. More important than any rating is having a good time with friends.
The distance will be between 80-100 km depending on the route you choose.
The finish of the 8bar Pathfinder is on the grounds of the STORK CLUB Whiskey Distillery, Dorfstraße 56, 15910 Schlepzig.
Here we will have a dinner with pizza / pasta and if you wish, a guided tour of the Stork Whiskey Distillery.
We will end the evening around the campfire.
Please bring a tent, sleeping bag & sleeping mat. We will take care of the luggage transfer from the showroom to the distillery.
Sunday // Back to Berlin
After breakfast you can take a boat trip through the Spreewald (not included in the price).
Afterwards we will go back in small groups. The route is completely planned here and is a total of about 80km (with S-Bahn from Königs Wusterhausen 50km). Overnight luggage we take along with pleasure again. You can pick it up from 14:00-18:00h in the 8bar showroom. Here you can take your finisher package with you.
– Team size: 3-6 riders (riders without a team will be assigned to a suitable team.)
– At least 1 own navigation device per team
– Each rider registers separately.
– Questions about team, eating habits, level of riding, etc. will be asked after the registration is closed.
Routes & General Information:
We have chosen a route that goes as far as possible off the beaten track.
The route is not closed or secured by marshals at any moment. The route will consist of a mixture of asphalt, gravel, forest paths and easy trails. A gravel or cyclocross bike is best suited for these trails. The routes will be sent to all registered participants* via email as a GPX file shortly before the event.
– On the way there is a refreshment station to refuel energy.
– Luggage transport
– Finisher Package incl. 200ml of personalized whiskey bottle “8bar x Gruppetto Cycling” for each participant and other goodies from our sponsors
– Whiskey distillery guided tour on Sunday morning
– Swimming in the Köthener Lake; 15 minutes by bike away –> Saturday afternoon for refreshment or Sunday morning for waking up
The following meals / drinks are also included:
– Coffee before departure
– Dinner on Saturday evening / Pizza & Pasta
– Breakfast on Sunday morning
– Soft drinks from our partner Schweppes, coffee, non-alcoholic beer, water (alcoholic drinks against payment)
– Bananas and bars at the checkpoint
– Gravel bike
– 2 sets of cycling clothes
– spare tube, multi-tool, pump, repair kit
– 1x first aid kit per team
– Tent / sleeping bag / sleeping mat → we can transport to basecamp for you if needed
– Sun and mosquito protection
– Other products of personal need
Registration is limited and will be closed when 40 riders are reached.
The registration deadline is 01.09.2021
Gruppetto Cycling Charity Ride 2021
By the way, with your participation in the 8bar Pathfinder event you do something good! Your ridden kilometers on both days will be credited to the Gruppetto Cycling Charity Ride 2021, which will collect kilometers for a good cause on September 4 & 5, 2021.
Every single one of your kilometers will be converted into direct donations of up to 5,000€ to World Bicycle Relief. with the help of cooperation partner Schweppes!
Ride a bike and do good at the same time, what more could you want ;-)